10. Februar 2011 Assemblée de Convergence pour l’Action
In Dakar, Senegal the Peoples movement Assembly on Palestine convenes at the World Social Forum (WSF) at a time of intense popular struggle in Palestine against Israeli apartheid, colonization and occupation, and for full implementation of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people.
For the Peoples‘ Movement Assembly on Palestine hundreds have gathered during the WSF at the Palestine tent to strengthen, re-enforce and strategize on the growing global solidarity movement rooted in and lead-by the Palestinian popular resistance against Israeli occupation.
Activists, meeting in Dakar, building global strategies to support Palestinian Liberation, stand in full solidarity with popular protests in Egypt, Tunisia and across the region resisting oppressive state regimes inherently linked to Israeli apartheid, and will participate in the solidarity actions.
Today, the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign is a central tool for social movements working to confront Israeli apartheid policies. As the global movement for liberation in Palestine grows and social movements internationally deepen their implication in the Palestinian liberation struggle the Peoples‘ Movement Assembly on Palestine calls for people to support the following actions:
- Global Day of Action March 30th on Palestinian land day and the International assembly against AGREXCO/Carmel in June 4 and 5 in Montpellier, France.
- Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW) events from the 7th to the 21th of March 2011 and beyond including at University Cheikh Anta Diop in Dakar.
- World Social Forum in Solidarity with Palestine, a thematic event within the WSF process, with national and international consultations in Palestine and globally starting now lead by Palestinian Civil Society.
- Global week of actions in support of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla II that will confront the illegal Israeli siege on Gaza the last week of May 2011.
- Support the Russel Tribunal working to highlight Israeli violations of International law.
- Support Palestinian Popular resistance by sending International civilian mission in Palestine.